Wireless QA Engineer: (Multiple positions: 2-8 years experience)
Verana Networks is looking for a Senior QA engineer with 2-8 years of experience, to join our QA team. The candidate will collaborate with Developers, Testers, and Product Management to refine requirements, develop, and test our product solutions. Ideal candidates should be self-driven understand the process of QA and delivering quality products.
- Understanding 3GPP & ORAN standards, architecture, design documents to come up with in-depth test plans for testing 5G-NR functionalities.
- Test execution and log analysis for both manual and automation execution.
- Ability to fully understand system logs, test tool logs and use this for debugging issues and identifying accurate root causes for the problems.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts, and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Review requirements, specifications, and designs, developing and implementing tests for product quality and performance assurance.
- Working with development team for the reported issues and get it fixed.
- Strong Knowledge on 5GNR & O-RAN with clear understanding of 5GNR layers SDAP, RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC and PHY, Ethernet/IP/O-RAN protocols.
- Good understanding on 5G concepts such as CSI-RS, HARQ, power control, Beamforming & Beam switching technologies, DL/UL scheduling, BFR, CA, MIMO.
- Responsible for e2e 5GNR lab setup bring-up activity and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of 5GNR 3GPP Rel-16, 17 features and core network specifications.
- Hands-on experience of automation and manual testing of end-to-end call flow scenarios in 5GNR SA/LTE.
- Good understanding of mmWave challenges and 5G Standalone protocol.
- Expertise in at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Analysing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system, functional test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Hands-on experience in 5GNR and ORAN in Feature testing, Sanity testing, Regression testing, System testing, Performance Testing, stability Testing and soak Testing.
- Ability to Integrate gNB nodes such as CU, DU and RU with strong knowledge to 5G-Core network and Interface Protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of 5G SA RAN specific testing and logging tools and ability to debug the issues.
- Knowledge of IP and routing protocols including IPv6, TCP/IP, UDP, SCTP, VLAN, IPSec, concepts of switching and routing.
- Must Have good understanding in configuration and usage of DPDK fast path packet processing technologies.
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, TM500, E500, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Keysight Channel Emulator, Spectrum analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.